Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Gnome is cool, after all!

I screwed up my KDE installation (trying to upgrade from 2.2 to 3.2.1) and had to fall back on Gnome. The more I use Gnome, the better I like it. It seems much more flexible and customizable than KDE. Somehow, I get the feeling that KDE is closer to the Windows way of doing things, while Gnome's is the way of Linux/Unix! Blasphemy?

Back to some politics: I think the behaviour of the American government/people can be better understood if we consider that the primary emotion motivating their actions is indescribable rage. No country can take lightly the slaughter of 3,000 of their innocent citizens. If the same thing had happened in India, and if even the slightest doubt existed that it could be the handiwork of Pakistan, there definitely would have been a nuclear war. I don't think I would have protested such a course of action, either. After all, it's easy to talk and pass judgment when it happens to someone else. BTW, this does not mean that I condone the actions of the Americans.