Thursday, May 01, 2008

KDE 4.0

Reasons I don't like KDE 4.0:
  1. No way to customize the panel - can't change the size, transparency, auto-hide, etc.
  2. No way to change the menu to, say, the classic view.
  3. Speaking of the classic view, changing the icons does not change anything.
  4. Limited options to configure the clock. It's now on a par with the %$^# Gnome clock (one of the reasons I switched from Ubuntu)
  5. Cannot manipulate the contents of the system tray.
  6. Cannot move the icons around in the panel.
  7. Where do I specify shortcuts for the menu items?
  8. The options for keyboard shortcuts is a subset of what I used to see in 3.5.
  9. Where is the option to hibernate?
  10. On the whole, it's just a Vista wannabe - widgets and all.
While I'm on the subject, I might as well bitch about Firefox 3 as well - the GrayModern2 theme is yet to be ported to v3; I am left with a poor substitute: Phoenity Modern.